1. Grampians National Park
It's one breathtaking sight after another in the Grampians National Park. The five spectacular sandstone ridges that comprise the Grampians offer stunning panoramic views, and thundering waterfalls make your jaw drop. Ancient Aboriginal rock art amazes, wonderful wildflower displays wow, and native animals never cease to delight all ages.
2. Brambuk - The National Park and Culture Centre
Learn the secrets to the natural world of Western Victoria's Aboriginal communities at Brambuk –The National Park and Culture Centre. Multimedia displays, art and artefact exhibitions and traditional activities combined with tours to ancient rock art sites shine a light on the cultural significance of the Grampians, or Gariwerd.
Keep your camera at the ready and your ornithology guide handy as you explore the Grampians, home to hundreds of species of birds and myriad mammals, reptiles, frogs and fish. Get a closer look at native animals at Halls Gap Zoo, or watch for kangaroos and wallabies roaming near towns.
Take in incredible Victorian wilderness by exploring the Grampians region on foot, whether strolling to Aboriginal rock art sites or embarking on multi-day adventures across the escarpments of the Grampians National Park, into the sandstone shelters around Mt Arapiles or through spectacular wildflowers in Little Desert National Park.
Prepare to be daring in the Grampians, the destination of choice for adventurers since the mid-nineteenth century. Mt Arapiles is an abseiling and rock-climbing mecca, with some of the most extreme ascents in Australia and easy climbs for beginners. Other adrenaline-pumping activities include paragliding, kayaking, canoeing and four-wheel driving.
6. Food and Wine
Dunkeld's Royal Mail Hotel put the Grampians on the gastronomic map, and sumptuous regional produce keeps it there. Local olives, spring lamb and fine sheep products are the legacy of agricultural pioneers, while wine aficionados reap the rewards of visionary winemakers in the Pyreenees, Henty and Grampians wine regions.
Other Discover Australia Articles You May Like:
- Things to do in Sydney - Don't miss these top 10 things to do when you're in Sydney next
- Things to do in Melbourne - If you're travelling to the area this year, take a look at this list of the top 10 things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane - Head here for a holiday at any time of year and seek out the following top 10 attractions in the city
- Things to do at Phillip Island - While you're on this tranquil yet vibrant island, take the time to work your way through this list of the top 10 things to do there
- Things to do in Adelaide - Here are 10 of our favourite things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Perth - Enjoy some of the following attractions while you're in the stunning city
- Things to do in Canberra - Here's our pick of the top 10 things to do in Canberra
- Things to do in Darwin - If you're paying a visit, here are the things to do in Darwin you simply cannot miss
- Things to do in Townsville - Here are the top 10 things to do in Townsville
- Things to do on the Gold Coast - Queensland’s Gold Coast is a subtropical playground of sparkling white-sand beaches, lush rainforests, adrenaline-pumping theme parks and vibrant shopping and nightlife hubs