The Fleurieu Peninsula is South Australia's playground. Go whale watching, try the food and wine in McLaren Vale, relax on beautiful beaches and take the kids on a horse-drawn tram at Victor Harbor. You can see a lot of the Fleurieu Peninsula in a short period of time.
Whatever your favourite tipple is, you’ll find it here. Try top shelf reds from the celebrated wine regions of McLaren Vale and Langhorne Creek. Discover some original and very well regarded brews from micro-breweries in towns like Goolwa, McLaren Vale and Myponga.
From May - November, southern right whales swim from the chilly Antarctic to the warmer waters off the coast of South Australia. During these months, they can be seen off the coast of Victor Harbor, Port Elliot and Middleton. The whales often have a new calf with them and sightings are recorded at the South Australian Whale Centre in Victor Harbor.
If you’re feeling a bit active, why not take a surf lesson in Middleton or explore the Coorong National Park with Canoe the Coorong. Looking to take to the water in a boat? Try Big Duck Boat Tours from Victor Harbor or Spirit of the Coorong in Goolwa. Should you wish to go at your own pace, take a dip from one of the beautiful beaches or throw a line in and try your luck.
Every Saturday morning the town square in Willunga comes alive with locals selling their fresh produce to the public. It was the first famers market in South Australia and today boasts more than 55 stalls. The Victor Harbor Farmer’s Market showcases not only Fleurieu Peninsula produce but also goodies from nearby Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Hills and Riverland. Held every Saturday morning, it’s a hub for local and visitors looking to stock up.
Worried about putting this all together, why not leave your car behind and take a guided tour of the region.
Upmarket restaurants and cafés have trendy chefs who love the lifestyle and wide range of fresh, local produce. Then there are the pubs. Some have extensive wine lists, sommelier service and food that goes far beyond chicken schnitzels.
Find accommodation on the Fleurieu Peninsula
Hugh Hamilton, Fleurieu Peninsula
Hectors on the Wharf, Fleurieu Peninsula
Port Willunga Beach, Fleurieu Peninsula
Encounter Bikeway, Fleurieu Peninsula
Woodstock Wine Estate, Fleurieu Peninsula
Other Discover Australia Articles You May Like:
- Things to do in Sydney - Don't miss these top 10 things to do when you're in Sydney next
- Things to do in Melbourne - If you're travelling to the area this year, take a look at this list of the top 10 things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane - Head here for a holiday at any time of year and seek out the following top 10 attractions in the city
- Things to do at Phillip Island - While you're on this tranquil yet vibrant island, take the time to work your way through this list of the top 10 things to do there
- Things to do in Adelaide - Here are 10 of our favourite things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Perth - Enjoy some of the following attractions while you're in the stunning city
- Things to do in Canberra - Here's our pick of the top 10 things to do in Canberra
- Things to do in Darwin - If you're paying a visit, here are the things to do in Darwin you simply cannot miss
- Things to do in Townsville - Here are the top 10 things to do in Townsville
- Things to do on the Gold Coast - Queensland’s Gold Coast is a subtropical playground of sparkling white-sand beaches, lush rainforests, adrenaline-pumping theme parks and vibrant shopping and nightlife hubs
Other Categories You May Like:
- Holidays with Family
- Romantic Holidays
- Pet Friendly Holidays
- Events and Festivals
- Travel Experts